MINCO Products, Inc, www.minco.com, is currently seeking a Field Applications Engineer working out of a home office located in the Houston, Texas metropolitan area.
This is a full-time position supporting our Sensors and Instruments Business Unit. As a Field Applications Engineer, you are a key focus for technical interactions with a customer. You are responsible for understanding the customer’s needs even when the customer doesn’t fully understand them. You will communicate those needs to internal teams, working with business managers and the field to ensure that we provide the best solution possible for the customer. You are sought after both internally and externally as a valued consultant. As a successful applications engineer, you will have developed skills in sensors and instrumentation used in the oil and gas Industry. You will understand customers end applications and be an excellent communicator both externally and internally in person or in writing.
- Support regional sales and marketing efforts by aggressively pursuing new opportunities through direct E2E contact.
- Work directly with the Sensors and Instruments Business Unit and the Minco Sales team to identify programs within target accounts
- Maintain E2E relationships with customers and act as a primary technical liaison at customer locations throughout the U.S. but primarily near Houston.
- Using best practices in engineering and design principles, guide and interact with customers to achieve robust design solutions that offer the best reliability, cost and overall value.
- Educate customers and be a resource for them by participating in customer design reviews, presenting at seminars, lunch and learns, industry events, publishing articles in trade magazines, and webinars
- Assess customer current and future needs to assist Minco in validating our technical roadmaps.
- Coordinates activities among various functions, such as engineering disciplines, marketing, sales, customer service, and quality control, and other areas to monitor on-going and updated designs, documents, and assembly.
- Mentors and trains other engineers in the nuances of the oil and gas industry, application procedures, technology and material function.
- 4-year electrical or mechanical engineering degree and a minimum of 5 years of engineering experience in one or a combination of the following industries: Oil and Gas, Power Generation or Rotating Equipment Manufacturing.
- Willing to travel domestically (most often regionally), typically 20% but up to 50% for short periods of time.