ist Class Fashion is hiring Freelance Travel Editor/Writer.
Pay is $125/Story; They are looking for min 2 stories a week.
They are looking for a dynamic and creative candidate who will work to produce travel editorial stories on the must-see places locally, nationally and internationally. Producing seasonal and long-lead stories by traditional editorial standards, but also implementing video interviews, photography, social web content, viral clips, “hot-spot” list, and other promotions for the creation of content , to be published on Their website, social media pages, company newsletter and pitched to bloggers and local/national media.
- Write and Produce travel related stories for digital editorial purposes
- Source, gather, write, produce, and edit stories while maintaining quality control of 1stclassfashion.com online presence
- Acquire still images and videos for travel stories.
- Transcribe interview clips for web projects.
- Gather information on celebrity destinations, travel inspirations and new attractions, travel related events, with an emphasis in fashion and entertainment and any travel trends for weekly editorial content.
- Review story content, sequence, and length for output.
- Strategize alternative methods editing to enhance each production project
- Direct the pre-production and post-production processes, ensuring that production goals and schedules are met.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a travel media/writing. Journalism experience is required
- Digital photography/videography background is preferred
- Technology experience, preferably in an Apple environment
- Ability to manage high volume, detail oriented process flow
- Strong geographical knowledge
- Skills in building and sustaining trusted relationships with clients, editors, magazine’s, publicist, management etc and; ability to understand varying needs and anticipating solutions
- Customer-service orientation toward client satisfaction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the position you’re applying to in the subject line.